Original mouse: the product analysis and disassembly.
After the first aproach to each piece, understanding every detail ( moulding, materials, process, etc) I focus on the parts I will keep.
Then the 3d modeling of each part with real dimension.
Studying the disassembly, I decided to keep the same structural scheme and components distribution for the new covers.
The covers I will redesign will have the same assembly as the originals.
There are mainly 3 ways to grab a mouse, but paying atention to my hand while I working or gaming, I grab the mouse as the claw way, but going a little bit further, I do the most pression only on two fingers, the thumb and the ring finger. Having those points I model several shapes, firstly based on a mouse I found confortable before, the Logitech mx1100, then I explore others.
Starting from the inside to the outside
Then, the final model
Playing with colors and materials
3d Print the prototype
The prototype was printed in PLA priorizing the piece complexity instead of the print optimization, it took more than 40 hours to print all the parts.
testing the prototype I found some issues like dimension errors of the mainboard and some assembly problems due to the 3d print
in the next prototype I will fix them but I still working on it.
being the first 3dprint mouse than I made, the results are accetable I think